Sunday, November 9, 2008

Winter Lawn...

Krissy and I were pretty sure that the land "desolation" that was talked about in the Book of Mormon, really took place in our back yard. We have two puppies and they will tear apart anything that is out there, so we just have put off the backyard until they're a bit older...

But then we got the dog run idea going, and decided let's start the festivities!

So we borrowed Mick's truck and went to work. We did 40 bags of manure and then laid seed down. Here's a pic of our AZ "Wheelbarrow" that helped transport the manure...

Then the day after we planted...200 birds stopped by...so monday morning before work we had to go buy the BB gun...I think we really ended up buying it so Krissy makes sure I know how to shoot before we go hunting next year! :)

After going for 14 hours on that project...borrowing trucks, going to Depot, raking and somewhat leveling the back yard, laying seed down and then doing the 40 bags of manure...it was time to wait...(Marsh reliving the Tim McGraw song..."watchin' my green grass grow")


And grow it has...it's only been one week, but it has come in a lot faster than we anticipated. We did our front yard and it didn't come in that fast...

We're thrilled to see any green back here...

4 comments:

Brandon said...

I want to know how many birds you have shot at...and how many you have actually hit.

Team Cody said...

Good...we know who to call and help us when we decide to do ours!! Lookin good Moore's. Seriously, lets get together. When is good?

The Whipples said...

Good work!!!

Asburry said...

I see you use the exact same bird killer as I do! I felt kinda bad the first time I shot one, then our dog ate it and suddenly I felt better - It's just free dog food.