When I was at BYU-I we had "Mother's weekend" where all the moms would come and it was a whole weekend of fun. There were lots of concerts, events, workshops, etc. Anyway--this weekend was usually in March-to keep traditions going my mom came to visit the warm AZ this weekend (it actually was cold the day she came) but we have had so much fun and I'm already dreading Tuesday morning when we have to take her back to the airport.
Yesterday we took the day and went for a 4-wheeler ride (Quad ride for all you Arizonians that don't know what a 4-wheeler is) up to 4-peaks, a mtn that has 4 peaks on it-duh. The elevation is around 3059 ft. (My city here in AZ is around 1,722 ft..so it is a pretty tall mountain) Anyway-we had so much fun, the wildflowers and some of the cactus were starting to bloom which made it a very scenic ride.
Shannon proving that it was a dirty ride...the funny thing is, she had it the worst and she was riding in the middle of the pack. For some reason the dirt really liked her.
Winter snow run off--it seriously looked so refreshing.
Wildflowers
6 comments:
What a fun idea to keep up the Mother's weekend tradition. Looks like you had fun. I love reading your blog. When are you coming to Utah to visit me, Lydia, and Rachel? We miss you!!
How fun! I love how dirty you guys got. Who took the pictures of the pretty wild flowers they're really good. Miss you and glad your doing well.
Jewels
How fun! I love how dirty you guys got. Who took the pictures of the pretty wild flowers they're really good. Miss you and glad your doing well.
Jewels
How different Arizona is from Idaho, but how beautiful. What a good tradition with your family. I may need to start something like that.
haha that picture of Shannon cracks me up! That sounds so fun! I'm not going to lie, the first thing that came out of my mouth was NO FAIR. haha. but I'm happy for you!! and slightly jealous :) its so beautiful there. I'm also weather envy. man I have problems.
haha you don't want to be like me, trust me. I like you better anyhow. I do want to live by you though :( really bad.
I put up the instructions JUST in case you do want to make the books...
LOVE YOU! thanks for your sweet comments they really make me feel special and ALWAYS make my day.
Post a Comment