Sunday, March 29, 2009

Southern Truck

So my father-in-law just closed his doors to his company he has been with for almost 45 years. It was hard for me to watch the process of this even though I don't have as many memories as the rest of the family but I think it hit home and gave me a glimpse of what it would be like if my Mom ever decided to close/sell Slim's. So here are some of many pictures taken the last couple of weeks.

This is a picture of the empty bays and yard Sunday after our family dinner at the shop.

All the grandkids taking their last ride on the fork lift with Uncle Mick--their faces totally say it all!

Grandpa with Baby Ivy.

I don't really have any memories with the fork lift but since Marsh did we decided to get a picture! ;-)

Needless to say we are going to miss Southern Truck but are excited to see what "Pops" next adventure will be (and are anxious to see what he is going to do with all his free time!)

No comments: