June for me meant surgery...which means those weird conversations that you try so hard to not have as you are coming back to reality in the recovery room...not cool. I was lucky enough to have my cousin, Rachel, come down from Utah and stay with me for a week--along with my sister, Shannon. Marsh just happened to be leaving the morning after my surgery for Scout Camp.
I was pretty determined I would be fine by myself but in the end...I was so glad I had Rachel & Shan making sure I didn't get up and try to do too much--I got yelled at quite a bit though for just trying to get up to go to the bathroom...oh well...we didn't do anything fun obviously.
BUT...we were fed well because Rachel made us dinner every night and between Shan and Rachel...I never missed my pills--I'm not for sure if I was getting the right ones at the right time but they were faithful at waking me up every 4 hours.
Rachel got me hooked on this BBC TV series Merlin.
Camelot, Arthur, Lancelot, Mordred and Merlin...you know-the whole gang. I'm not usually someone to get into mythical wizard-weird dragons etc...but this was actually pretty good and it wasn't just because I was drugged up either!!!
I only watched season 1 so I don't know what the rest is about or anything but once I find more time I'm hoping to watch the rest because now I'm curious how all the characters tie in further on.
We wanted to try a new cookie recipe...so I'm posting that tomorrow but it was by far the best sugar cookie recipe I have ever tried!!! You have to try them!


4 comments:
Surgery? I hope that you are okay! I'm glad you had someone to take care of though!
So I miss you! A TON!!! I hope you are feeling better and that you heal quickly. And I really hope that you listened to a little surgery song made for just for you to help you along...
Is this another knee surgery, Grease? I hope you feel better fast! I also love Merlin :)
I hope you have fully recovered and that surgery went as best as could be expected. Thank goodness you had friends/family to come stay with you!
Post a Comment