Saturday, November 6, 2010

Labor Day Weekend Part II

We were actually pretty lame this year with picture taking but we went to help Jason buy some pigs at the
4-H auction, we did lots of wakeboarding and wake surfing, played with nephews and got to stay up way too late with my besteeee friend Emily.

The old rocking horse all of us kids grew up on has recently been brought back out...and the Brayden and Dillon love it!
The funny thing is...the cowboy hat can only be worn while on Mr. Horse. Once you get off, the hat goes on Mr. Horse's head...like so.

Brayden had recently learned to drive our 4-wheeler all by himself. He knows how to get it in 1st gear and how to put it in neutral.

He has a brave little brother to get on with him....

My favorite quote from Brayden though was
"I just have one problem...I can't seem to remember to go slow!"

On the way home (Sunday at 3:30am) I am sound asleep in the passenger seat because Marsh usually does better driving first thing and then I have to drive after so I try to sleep right away. We were about 10 miles from my mom's house and all of a sudden this really loud "WHACK" or "THUD" don't know which is better to describe it woke me up. I sat up a little startled and Marsh told me he it a hawk.

It took me a minute to see the damage...

Yep...busted the driver's side mirror. The picture doesn't do it justice at all.
We turned around to see how big this hawk was...only to find....
this guy instead

Yep a horned owl sitting in the road looking at us. As soon as we pulled up it hobbled off the side of the road (definitely injured) and the only thing I could think of was
"well hopefully some coyote, wolf or mountain lion comes around soon to help put him out of his misery."

Marsh didn't really believe me but I'm pretty sure he didn't last long, poor guy.

Anyway--Thanks everyone for a really fun weekend! We can't wait til we are up there again!




1 comment:

Jason, Amanda, Brayden and Dillon said...

I didn't know you hit an owl??!!! Who does that??(Only Marsh apparently...just kiddin' Marsh!!) We are all hoping that an animal higher in the food chain helped the poor guy out too. And, I completely forgot Brayden said that, crazy kid :)! Miss you guys!!