Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Update from 31 weeks

We made it another week!! Starting now...I have my weekly BBP ultrasounds and NST's. 
So every Monday and Thursday I get to get out of the house! 
Man it feels great to see the outside world! 

Yesterday...Baby B was the star of the show. 
We couldn't get any good pictures of Baby A because of how he was laying but also because
I was having a really hard day and every time I would lay down (on my back, left side or right side) 
I would get super nauseated and would almost pass out...
So we had to give up on getting a good picture. Sorry Baby A

Both babies are doing great! Really big still.

Baby A is 3 lbs 11 oz, lungs are developed and baby is looking great!
Baby B is 4 lbs even, lungs are also developed and baby is also looking great!!!

So I'm currently on Nifedipine or was on it...until yesterday. It is a BP med but it is supposed to 
help stop contractions and slow down the process...
Well...turns out, it isn't really working on me as well as it should.

I'm still dilated to a 2, cervix hasn't shortened anymore but I'm now at least 50% effaced. 
So...I'm on 400mg of Motrin for 48 hrs. 
Then I'll go back to my nifedipine and hopefully my body will start responding again...

IF not...then I'm in the hospital on bed rest getting magnesium.
I should find out how everything is working on Thursday after my NST and follow up Dr appt.

2 comments:

Jocie said...

So glad to hear they are doing good! Keep up the good work =)

Des said...

Man. 4 weeks of bed rest. that would be so tough!! I am lazy as it is and things don't get done around the house- so when I entertain the thought of being on bed rest and having NOTHING get done, it would be hard. not to mention the boredom. I am so glad that you are doing good and making it further and further each week. I can't believe you are so far a long, you wait to long for the big announcement :) I hope those contractions still slow down. those babies are little!!

ALSO....I want a picture. I want to see what Krissy looks like prego. It's the best seeing friends from way back when marriage and babies were the least of our thoughts. you are probably SOOO cute. probably just all belly with those two boys in there. none-the-less you should give us a glamour shot.