Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Grand Canyon University

Change is on the horizon...well we've decided that since I have attended a total of 7 different colleges/tech schools (Chandler-Gilbert CC, Mesa CC, Eastern Arizona College, Dixie, Serview, UOP, AZ school of Real Estate and Business)...it was time I go work for one instead--I've been with VIP Home Mortgage for the past 6+ years and have had quite a run in the mortgage business...I'll still be working there part time and am glad for that as it's been one of my favorite careers to date, especially the chance to work with my brother/brothers/sister as long as I have--I start next Monday at GCU...


For those of you who haven't heard of Grand Canyon University before, it's a small college in Phoenix that specializes mainly in nursing and education. They have a sports program that consists of just about everything but football. Their Mascot is the antelope, and they call themselves "Lopes" for short. It was founded in 1949 and is a Christian college--website address is www.gcu.edu They have online and ground campus classes--

And for those of you who are also wondering, no this will not create tension at home as Krissy works for GCU's rival UOP...which I now am a member of the Alumni, but we are grateful for the free/discounted education--

I'll start an MBA program with GCU in about 90 days...so we'll keep you posted on any further developments--

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dopes huh? I guess the free education makes that name OK. Oh, I confused the "D" and "L" on your mascot! My bad...

cheri said...

Keirsten and I laughed about DeDe's post for a whole minute. Thanks for the smile...I love that everyone can post and keep up with these blogs. Technology is wonderful! Way to go Marsh...keep up the education!