Monday, March 2, 2009

One more side note....

This post is actually for my mom but some of you may know that Marsh and I are pretty strick with our budget and planning with our money. Over the course of several months (and it seemed like forever!) I have been saving my weekly fun money to buy a piano. Well, I was a little short and so Marsh decided to be an extra amazing husband (again) and pitch in his water jug of coins he had been collecting for 3 or 4 years to help me get our piano. With the help of trusty Craigslist I was able to find my beaut. She isn't brand new and needs some tuning but I am absolutely in love with her!

I used to hate playing the piano and practicing for my weekly lessons and finally, in high school, my mom told me I could quit but I'd regret it. I vowed I would never regret it. As soon as I got to college I regretted it and have ever since. Needless to say, I play every day and even do scales! Sister Coleman would be so proud of me!!! ;-)

8 comments:

julie said...

Good for you! I'm continually kicking myself for not taking it seriously in high school either. We were too busy talking and thinking about boys in Felton's "class"

Des said...

how did I miss out on the last ocuple of posts. So sorry- for both of us cause I LOVE them, they all made me laughs and oo and ah! first of all Love the pic of Shannon and her girl feet sticking out. That is the best. hehe. and nice nice jewelry box- I've been eyeing those, that is so awesome. and the piano- she is a beaut!

Becki R said...

That is so fun for you! I took lessons when I was little but I don't remember how to play anything and just like yours and my mother said, I do regret it! Good for you to take it up again!

Liz said...

Good for you! I did the same thing recently, though I was starting brand-new - I never took lessons as a youngster. I got a piano for Christmas and play every day. Enjoy your new toy!

The Whipples said...

OOOOOHHH AWHHHHHH!! Looks good! Cross your fingers for us... we hear about the AZ job this week...

Melea said...

My mom told me the same thing - that I'd regret quitting piano lessons... and a few years later (also when I got to college), I definitely regretted it. I guess moms are always right. Too bad it took me so long to figure that out! :)

Jenete said...

That is a beaut! I hope to purchase a piano soon as well but for now I have my trusty keyboard that I pull out once and a while. Mostly because there are pianists in our ward but only about 4 and sometimes when everyone is gone my limited piano skills are called upon. Now I practice out of fear...not because of my grandma (who would be very proud you playing scales everyday) but out of fear that I may have to sight-read a hymn or primary song at church with people singing along. I think that motivation has been pretty effective;)

Ashlie said...

Grease! Call me or text me... We're here. I don't want to miss you when we're this close! We have a nice pool and hot tub at the hotel. Come hang out! Or we'll figure something out...

Congrats on the piano, and for Marsh being such an awesome husband!