Monday, June 22, 2009

Maximus our trooper

This past weekend we headed up to the trailer. We were playing fetch with Maximus in a little meadow. There was a sprinkler system and our little torpedo who goes a 100 mph when he plays catch saw the sprinkler system at the last minute and tried jumping over it but it got him pretty good.


Its moments like this when I realize I married up. Poor Max was in dyre need of some TLC. I get pretty squeemish when I see a gaping hole in our dog. Since we were up in the mtns, we couldn't get a hold of any vets at all. We finally got a hold of one that said we needed to clean it out and not let him bother the giant cut at all. I saw signs of the influences Krissy's dad has on her. She has a deep love for caring for animals that she inherited from her dad. So she proceeded to take care of Max 24-7.


He is now recouping and waiting for Krissy to get home from work so he can get her undivided attention again.


Maximus wants everyone to know he'll be ok and can't wait to start playing fetch again-

2 comments:

cheri said...

OOOWWWW!! That looks like it hurts, Max...Hopefully this won't make catch a bad memory. I'm starting to think your dad, Marshall, is just like his brothers when it comes to anything dealing with blood. They all catch a serious case of wussitis. :) Good thing Krissy was there. You owe her.

Johnna Jayne said...

Oh no!!! I'm glad Maximus is okay and enjoying the extra loves from Krissy.