Tuesday, July 21, 2009

A Girl's Best Friend

(disclaimer...this post is more for a journal entry...those of you that know me well will understand this post more than most.)

Growing up, one could say, I had a rough couple years right around the ages of 13-15 or 16. During that time I had one true best friend...someone that wouldn't judge me for being mad at my Mom, someone who didn't care how much I weighed or how many zits I had, someone that loved trucks as much as I did, someone who would be there waiting for me when I got home from school or work and who would ALWAYS "lick" away my tears...my best friend, Cassi.

As the years came and went we both grew older but never grew apart. I started dating and she would wait up for me to hear about my latest love, college came-which meant I had to move...she stayed back home and kept my mom company but she always seemed to know when I was coming home and would be out waiting to greet me with a big sloppy kiss. The story goes and on and on about how good of a friend she truly was.

Well, last night this dear friend/dog of mine passed away. Talk about an emotional night!!! 14 yrs of nothing but love!!! and now she won't be there to greet me when I come home to visit from Arizona, no one to snitch the green beans out of the garden, and no one to "lick" away the tears! ;-) At least she is in a good place! I miss you Cas!!!

Cassi w/her security blanket...yep a 4x4.

Did someone say green beans?!

Over the years her teeth and jaw got worn down from carrying the 4x4's...so she had to resort to little sticks.

7 comments:

Laura said...

I am so sorry to hear that. She was such a good dog and I know how close you two were.

Johnna Jayne said...

I totally feel for you! I had a dog to get me through those tough teenage times too that recently passed on.

Jason, Amanda, Brayden and Dillon said...

We love you Krissy!!! And are definitely thinking about ya.

Melea said...

Oh Krissy, I'm so sorry!! I totally understand how hard it is to lose those friends. I remember the logs and sticks Cassi would carry around... made me laugh every time!

Ashlie said...

That's the worst, Krissy. I'm sorry. Losing a pet is awful. I cried for two weeks when my kitty died. I really think that there's a place in heaven for us pet lovers, where we get them back and get to live through eternity with them. Pets are the best example of unconditional love in this world. Makes sense to me that it carries to the next.

Love you, Grease! I'll be thinking about you.

Lydia said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lydia said...

I am so sorry to hear about your dog! Animals make the best of friends!