So I went to Las Vegas with my Mom back in October for the annual NACS show-National Association for Convenient Stores. We would go to classes from 8 to noonish and listen to different ways to make our C-store better and different ideas. After that we would hit the "floor" and go to all the vendors and learn the latest and greatest products. It was absolutely overwhelming. Just to kind of paint the picture of how big this was....there were over 22,000 attendees, 1,200 exhibitors and took place in about 400,000 net square feet. 
We got these backpacks to help carry the loot...uh, not big enough for the stuff we got. :-) Below is what the floor looked like and one of the vendors there. It was seriously crazy FUN!!
So here are some of the pictures(from my phone) of the loot we got on our first day
there (it was a 3 day event)...I didn't get an updated picture but my
mom went home with two suitcases full of stuff plus her two carry ons
and I ended up with probably 10 bags stuff full! Needless to say...we
have our year's food storage!
I was extremely excited to go for the "floor" time but after sitting through the classes with my mom I realized I have a deep interest in business and how to help make Slim's more profitable for my mom. I was fascinated with all the new concepts and ideas. In fact-I was so excited about it...I went and started my MBA. Yep, that's me just the lifetime student who can't decide what to do when she grows up. But hey-at least it is all free and I'm not wasting money. Can't complain about that.
Oh and we got to listen to a guest speaker
My mom and I joked a lot about having to listen to him speak...but I was actually very impressed with him. He spoke about global economy and had a lot of really good and interesting things to say...so it wasn't as bad as we were thinking it would be.







3 comments:
Looks like you had a great time and learned a lot! So I am jealous about this free MBA stuff. How can I get hooked up with free education?
holy cow! you did get a lot of loot! how fun! I love the pics of you guys. they make me smile. miss ya! and your phone takes pretty dang good pics!
oh man, look at you, all motivated and stuff! looks like a fun trip, you got a lot of candy to show for it!
Post a Comment