Monday, January 12, 2009

House of Cards...

A little late in posting this one, last saturday through Krissy's work, we got playoff tickets to go see our AZ Cardinals play the Falcons. The Cards hadn't hosted a playoff game at home in 61 years...so we were due. Now we love the Bears, but we also love our home town team, The Cards.

The man of the hour...Kurt Warner...

Touchdown being scored by Hightower at the top of the end zone...

Party boy (aka benchwarmer) Leinart and "Edge" Edgirrin James


It was nice to be a part of the Cards history--the famed quote was...this prob won't happen again in our lifetime by all the sports commentators--a home playoff game for the cards...well guess what...they host the Eagles this weekend at home again...


We tailgated with Fisch and Jill--


We had Krissy's "salsa burgers", Marsh's store bought "Cheese Brauts" and Jill's homemade brownies...

Fisch did a decent job mannin' the grill...
We left the house that morning at around 10:15am...carpooled (cuz we go green:) with fisch and jill and began tailgating. Then we watched the game, came back and tailgated again while the parking lot cleared out. Finally got back to fisch and jills' that night at 8:30pm...total time of around 10 hours...but seeing your hometown team win in the playoffs...PRICELESS--

4 comments:

Jason, Amanda, Brayden and Dillon said...

That looks fun! You guys sure do know how to have a good time! And, Krissy I LOVE your hair!

Anonymous said...

Wow, look what happens when you leave AZ 20 years ago, the Cards are in the playoffs! Amazing things happen! I am having way too much fun with the bloggin. Couldn't call last night because I was playing around with Picasa program. I'll call later tonight.

The Whipples said...

Looks like lots of fun. We could be coming down to your neck of the woods later this year. Nate has been looking at jobs there and also applying to ASU for grad school, but I don't know if I could take the heat. Who knows where life will take us in the up coming months, but at least we would know a few people.

Anonymous said...

Grovair here, nice pics. What about the superbowl party? Are you gonna have one this year?