Thursday, May 19, 2011

System 37 eh?

So...yesterday was my 1 month mark of being on bed rest...has it really been 4 weeks? 

I can say it is just as boring or even worse than I was expecting...but I've gotten used to it and have my routine down. 

I've been having to monitor my contractions for 1 hour at least twice a day.
I get to use the System 37...sounds pretty...systematic?!
That's the big box that sits by our couch and will send my "strip" over to my nurse, Sara, at Alere. 
This is the little box that records everything...I take it out and plug it in to my belt and it records everything.
Yep..that's my monitoring belt...I can't believe I'm posting this picture...I HATE absolutely hate my stretch marks and how fast and big they get...these boys are killing me!!

So...most of the time I have about 4 contractions an hour...and I still can't feel them. It may sound nice but it actually scares me because how in the heck am I suppose to know what's going on. Being a silent contractor sounds nice but trust me...feeling would be much better. 

So I made it to 30 weeks! First milestone down...here comes the next hopefully several milestones. 
I start my weekly BPP ultrasounds next week and the weekly NST's at the hospital. 

Oh a positive note--my mom re-taught me how to crochet and I've been making lots of dish rags and now am trying a scarf...we'll see if it really turns out okay. 

5 comments:

Cathy J said...

Look at you being all crafty with your time. My friend Camille was on bed rest. I'm so sorry. I'd come visit, but it's quite the drive and I hear it's really hot there. I think I'll stick to the rain.

Jen J. said...

I was on bedrest for 10 weeks. It got pretty boring at times. You can only do the same thing so much! I got stretch marks on my belly from Nash and they still haven't faded...not very cute, but it was definitely worth it ;) So glad you made it to 30 weeks. Here's to at least 4 more!!

Jenete said...

Krissy bedrest is the pits, I had only two weeks at the end with K so I only slightly feel your pain;) If you need some good chick-flicks Masterpiece theater/BBC has come out with newer versions of Jane Austen books. If you haven't seen them check at your local library and you can probably get them pretty easily. Northanger Abbey, Sense & Sensibility, Persuasion, and Emma - all though I haven't seen the new BBC version of Emma I have heard it is really good.

Ashlie said...

Good luck, Krissy! The longer you can keep them in, the better for them, even if it's boring... I am up for a marathon phone chat to catch up any time you need!

Hedquists said...

You are doing great, I was the same, couldn't feel them. Babies both made it without a c-section and don't worry about the stretch marks, not fun but the babies leave it far from your mind. By the way having them is a super quick weight loss program, lol. I could instantly breathe when they were born and two weeks later most of the belly is gone. The babies spent 12 days in NICU with minor problems. Still needing a night crew to make it, we hired someone to come in the middle of the night just so I could get a few hours of sleep.